Minnesota @ Michigan
Current Records: Minnesota 7-10; Michigan 10-8
What to Know
The Minnesota Golden Gophers have enjoyed the comfort of home in their last two games, but now they have to go on the road. The Golden Gophers and the Michigan Wolverines will face off in a Big Ten battle at 1 pm ET on Sunday at the Crisler Center. Neither Minnesota nor Michigan could muster much offensive firepower in their last few games, so look to the defense to decide this one.
Minnesota must be sore after a brutal 61-39 loss to the Purdue Boilermakers on Thursday. Minnesota was certainly aware of its 13.5-point disadvantage in the point spread, but the foreknowledge did nothing to prevent the outcome. Forward Dawson Garcia had a pretty forgettable game, finishing with just seven points on 3-for-13 shooting in 27 minutes on the court.
Meanwhile, Michigan was within striking distance but couldn’t close the gap Thursday as they fell 64-58 to the Maryland Terrapins. Center Hunter Dickinson put in a good effort for the losing side as he posted a double-double with 19 points and ten rebounds along with three blocks. That makes it three games in a row that Dickinson has had at least ten rebounds.
The Golden Gophers are now 7-10 and the Wolverines are 10-8. A few numbers to keep in mind before tipoff: Minnesota enters the game with the 17th fewest takeaways in college basketball, averaging just 10.9. To make matters even worse for Minnesota, Michigan comes into the game with the eighth fewest turnovers per game in college basketball at 10.1.
How to Look
- When: Sunday at 1 pm ET
- Where: Crisler Center — Ann Arbor, Michigan
- television: Big Ten Network
- Continue: CBS Sports App
Michigan has won nine of its last 13 games against Minnesota.
- December 08, 2022 – Michigan 90 vs Minnesota 75
- December 11, 2021 – Minnesota 75 vs. Michigan 65
- January 16, 2021 – Minnesota 75 vs. Michigan 57
- January 06, 2021 – Michigan 82 vs Minnesota 57
- January 12, 2020 – Minnesota 75 vs. Michigan 67
- March 16, 2019 – Michigan 76 vs. Minnesota 49
- February 21, 2019 – Michigan 69 vs Minnesota 60
- January 22, 2019 – Michigan 59 vs. Minnesota 57
- February 03, 2018 – Michigan 76 vs Minnesota 73
- March 11, 2017 – Michigan 84 vs. Minnesota 77
- February 19, 2017 – Minnesota 83 vs. Michigan 78
- February 10, 2016 – Michigan 82 vs. Minnesota 74
- January 20, 2016 – Michigan 74 vs. Minnesota 69